We ask all patients to make an effort to attend Surgery rather than request a home visit for the following reasons:
- Complete facilities for examination and treatment are available at the Surgery
- it takes four times longer to do a home visit, and is therefore not the most economical use of the Doctors’ time.
- However, there are clearly circumstances when a home visit is necessary and we would ask you, where possible, to endeavour to ring before 10 a.m. giving full details.
- We are now part of a visiting service, this means the receptionist will need to ask you about your condition so this can be passed to the GP for triage.
- The doctor may wish to speak with you to see if it would be better for you to come to the surgery to be seen immediately.
- On occasions the doctor might pass your visit on to the Emergency Care Practitioner who will assess your needs and contact the surgery accordingly.